Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
Information and resources about North Richland Hills motorcycle accidents
Comprehensive Information and Legal Options for North Richland Hills, TX Motorcycle Accident Victims
Texas and North Richland Hills has one of the highest number of motorcycle accidents and fatalities in the nation
As reported by the Texas Department of Transportation, in 2016 there were 497 fatal motorcycle crashes across the state, and 5,290 injury motorcycle crashes statewide. According to the Texas A&M Transportation Institute, Motorcyclists are 25 more times more likely than passengers in cars to be killed in an accident, and they are five times more likely to be injured.
What are some causes of North Richland Hills motorcycle injuries and fatalities?
The climate of North Richland Hills makes it a perfect place for motorcycling year round. Whereas other parts of the country have weather that discourage motorcycling, the residents of North Richland Hills have more opportunities to ride motorcycles, and with these opportunities comes an increased risk of accidents and injuries. And since motorcycles get better gas mileage than most passenger vehicles, an increasing number of Texans are turning to motorcycles as the main form of transportation.
Some other causes North Richland Hills motorcycle accidents and injuries include:
- Drivers don’t see the motorcycle or misjudge how close it is and how fast it’s traveling.
- The size of motorcycles compared to other vehicles means they can appear to be more distant than they are, and it’s easy to misjudge their speed.
- The combination of crowded roads and highways, distracted driving, and the difficulty of seeing motorcycles in traffic contributes to collisions.
- Speeding, driving while impaired, and the lack of training for motorcycle riders are also the leading causes of crashes.
What is being done to improve motorcycle safety in North Richland Hills?
A rise in the number of motorcycle deaths in Texas last year inspired the Texas Department of Transportation (TxDOT) to kick off the new “Share the Road: Look Twice for Motorcycles” awareness campaign. This campaign urges drivers to:
- Look twice for motorcycles, especially at intersections.
- Use your turn signals.
- Don’t follow a motorcycle too closely.
- Check your mirrors before changing lanes.
- Always assume motorcycles are closer than they appear to be.
- Give motorcyclists a full lane.
Where can a motorcyclist get safety training in North Richland Hills?
Motorcycle accidents in North Richland Hills are a common cause of injury and death for residents
After a serious injury motorcycle accident, contact the North Richland Hills Police Department, the North Richland Hills Fire and Rescue Department, the Texas Highway Patrol to get copies of any reports created during an accident investigation.
If you have been injured in a motorcycle collision, you will need an experienced North Richland Hills accident attorney to help
No matter how much we improve safety for motorcyclists around the North Richland Hills region, motorcycle accidents will continue to happen. When a less serious crash happens, often someone can manage the insurance claim without help. When a serious injury motorcycle accident happens, or when a fatality occurs, it is crucial to get help from an experienced North Richland Hills motorcycle accident lawyer. A good personal injury attorney will be able to answer questions about an insurance claim, and provide information about an injured motorcyclist's rights and options.
Most recent accident reports
- Page 1
- next ›