Get Help Now if Injured in an Accident
North Richland Hills Commercial Truck Accidents and Legal Resources
Comprehensive Information and Legal Options for North Richland Hills, TX Commercial Truck Accident Victims
Texas and North Richland Hills have one of the highest numbers of commercial truck accidents and fatalities in the nation
According to the Texas Department of Transportation, Texas had 3,773 motor-vehicle fatalities in 2016, resulting in an economic loss of $38,600,000,000. And included in this number is 403 fatal crashes involving commercial vehicles. In 2016 just in Tarrant County alone, there were 17 fatalities and 2,194 crashes involving commercial vehicles, many of which are semi trucks. Given that the commercial trucking industry is growing in Texas and across the nation, it is crucial that we study how to make roadways safer for truckers and passenger vehicles alike.
What are some causes of the high number of commercial truck accidents in North Richland Hills?
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, some of the reasons that commercial truck crashes are such a problem in North Richland Hills include:
- Driver related physical factors like alcohol use, illegal drug use, over-the-counter medication, and prescription medication use;
- Driver fatigue;
- Driver related recognition factors like inattention and onversation;
- Driver related decision factors like following too closely and misjudgment of gap distance to other vehicle;
- Speeding and aggressive driving.
What is being done to improve the safety of motorists sharing the roads with commercial trucks in North Richland Hills?
The Texas Department of Insurance offers safety training programs and publications that offer much-needed information on how both commercial truck drivers and other motorists can improve safety on North Richland Hills roadways. These materials discuss:
Driving and merging collision prevention;
Driving in fog and rain;
Parking lot and railroad-crossing safety;
How to avoid drowsy and distracted driving.
Semi truck accidents in North Richland Hills are a common cause of injury and death for residents
After a serious injury semi truck accident, contact the North Richland Hills Police Department, the North Richland Hills Fire and Rescue Department, the Texas Highway Patrol to get copies of any reports created during an accident investigation.
Why do commercial trucks pose such a danger on North Richland Hills roads?
While North Richland Hills roads did not make the recent list of the top 13 most dangerous roads for truckers, it's clear that commercial trucks pose a significant danger to truck drivers and motorists on North Richland Hills roads and freeways. According to a recent article on Trucks.com, some reasons the commercial truck industry poses danger include:
- Increased reliance on trucking to transport goods is putting more truck drivers on the road, with higher incident rates for accidents and driver deaths,
- Because of the way drivers’ compensation is structured, they’re often asked to choose between productivity and safety.
- Long hours, low pay and tough working conditions contribute to high turnover and puts inexperienced drivers on the road.
- The lack of National Highway Transportation Safety Administration standards for crashworthiness of heavy-duty trucks plays a role in fatality rates.
- The size and weight of a commercial truck causes significant damage to smaller vehicles in a crash.
If you have been injured in a collision involving a commercial truck, you will need a great North Richland Hills accident attorney to help
No matter how much we improve safety in the commercial trucking industry, truck accidents will continue to happen. When a less serious crash happens, often someone can manage the insurance claim without help. When a serious injury accident happens, or when a fatality occurs, it is crucial to get help from an experienced North Richland Hills commercial truck accident lawyer.
Most recent accident reports
- Page 1
- next ›