Need Legal Help Now?
Wichita Falls, TX-Lawton, OK - Accident News and Resources including car, bicycle, motorcycle and truck accidents and much more.
Wichita FallsWichita Falls is the largest city in the Wichita Falls Metropolitan Statistical Area, which encompasses all of Archer, Clay and Wichita counties. The city is located about 15 miles south of the border with Oklahoma in northern Texas. Wichita Falls was named after a waterfall on the Wichita River that was destroyed by a flood in 1886. After almost a hundred years of visitors wanting to see the non-existent falls, the city built an artificial waterfall beside the river in Lucy Park.
Lawton, OklahomaLawton is is the county seat of Comanche County. Located about 87 miles southwest of Oklahoma City, Lawton's population was 96,867, making it the fifth-largest city in the state.
- Interstate 44 only exists for about 15 miles within the state of Texas, but the roadway runs through downtown and also connects the city to Oklahoma.
- U.S. Route 287 passes through Wichita Falls and provides access to Amarillo, Fort Worth, and the gulf coast.
- U.S. Route 277 is a north-south highway that runs across Texas and Oklahoma.
- U.S. Route 281 is a north-south highway that travels from the Mexican border to the Canadian border.
- U.S. Route 82 is an east-west highway that goes from New Mexico to the Atlantic coast in Georgia.
- Texas State Highway 240 runs from Harold to Burkburnett, then heads south to Wichita Falls.
- Texas State Highway 79 runs 96 miles from Throckmorton to the Oklahoma State line.
Other TransportationWichita Falls Municipal Airport provides four daily flights to the Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport. The Kickapoo Downtown Airport is owned by the city and is serves smaller, private planes. Greyhound buses provides bus transportation between cities in the Wichita Falls area.
Learn more here about recent accidents in Wichita Falls and Lawton, including:
Major hospitals in Wichita Falls and Lawton:
Where to find legal assistance after a Wichita Falls or Lawton injury accident
After a serious crash, it is crucial to get help from a Wichita Falls-Lawton personal injury attorney who understands the local regulations and legal standards, who knows how insurance policies work, and who can handle all aspects of an insurance claim so the injured person can focus on recovery. If someone is killed in a collision, a Wichita Falls-Lawton wrongful death attorney will launch a claim that will begin the process of financial recovery for the family members left behind. Learn more here about what a Wichita Falls-Lawton car accident lawyer can do to help.
Accident reports by county
Most recent accident reports
One person died and several others sustained injuries after a pickup truck collided with a
One person has been killed and three others injured after a medical helicopter crashed in Wichita Falls.
ODELL, Texas — A North Texas husband and wife have died when their vehicles collided head-on near where both work.